What Personal Information About Members Does BHGeneticServices Gather?
The information we learn from members helps us personalize and continually improve your BHGeneticServices experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website, chatbot or mobile apps (the “Platform”) or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing specific recommendations for you and communicating with you.
- Health Related Information: In order to provide our members with recommended health insurance plans we may ask you for information such as your date of birth, gender, the members of your family, your zip code, and whether you use tobacco. This information is used to identify and recommend health plans and other healthcare products and services that fit your profile and preferences. Some areas of our Platform may require you to complete a registration form.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses BHGeneticServices and other content served by or on behalf of BHGeneticServices on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by BHGeneticServices or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from BHGeneticServices if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our members. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide certain BHGeneticServices features.
Does BHGeneticServices Share the Information It Receives?
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include providing recommendations and quotes, fulfilling orders, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Insurance Quote Requests: If you use our Platform to request a quote for insurance products, we will share your personal identifiable information contained in your request only to third parties with which we have a contractual relationship (our “Network”). These relationships include insurance agents, insurance carriers (“Service Providers”), and other insurance Service Providers. All Service Providers in our Network have entered into agreements with us that require them to secure any personal information provided through our Platform and limit how they can use such information. These Service Providers are also required to comply with federal and state privacy regulations, such as those outlined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). By submitting your request to us, you understand that Service Providers may contact you by telephone (including through automated calling or on a recorded line), email, or regular mail based on the information you provided to us in order to process and fulfill your request, even if you have opted into the National Do Not Call List administered by the Federal Trade Commission, any state equivalent Do Not Call List, or the Do Not Call List of HealthCare.com or one of these Service Providers. If one of the Service Providers contacts you and you wish not to be contacted again by that Service Provider with respect to your inquiry, then you should specifically make a request to that Service Provider. Please note that the Service Providers may maintain the information you provided whether or not you elect to use their services.
- Aggregate, Non-Personal, or De-identified Information: We may share aggregated information (i.e., information about you and other users collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you) and other non-personal, de-identified, or anonymous information we collect with third parties, including our affiliates, to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our site and on the websites of third parties and our affiliates.
- As Required by Law: We may be required to share your personal information with law enforcement or government agencies in response to subpoenas, court orders, federal/state audits or similar circumstances whenever we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
By providing your contact information to us through the site, you are registering to receive communications from us directly, on our Platform or through a third party. We will periodically send you newsletters and other e-mails with offers and promotions. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please let us know by sending an email to us at email@example.com. You may also opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails.
Information Collection Technologies
To better serve our users and Service Providers and increase the response time of the Platform, we use various technologies to collect information about our users, such as:
Log Files. We also keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP Address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet.
Clear Gifs. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons) that help us better manage content on our site and in our HTML emails by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movement of Web users. Clear gifs are not tied to users’ personally identifiable information. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
BHGeneticServices gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with BHGeneticServices for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain BHGeneticServices features.
- You can add or update certain information. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
This Platform is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any personal information from visitors under the age of 13 online through this Platform. If you think that we have collected personal information from a visitor under the age of 13, please contact us.
Visitors Outside the United States
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide such information when you chat with us through the BubbaHero! chatbot, or communicate with customer service. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include account information, and purchase or redemption information.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at BHGeneticServices include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password); payment settings (including credit card information); e-mail notification settings; Recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations); and Your Profile.
Last modified: October 18, 2017